Tuesday, September 04, 2007

the ocean at my window

two days off in Biarritz, France, a big surfing town. this crew really needed a stopover, we had a half day off in Frankfurt, Germany but we needed to get off the bus for awhile and step into a town. Renee & I found this little shop in Frankfurt. Where could we get away with these outfits...? sadly, i left them there...Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
these goldfish swam above our delicious grilled dinner...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Back to our two days off...luckily for us, there was no room anywhere else for us but Biarritz. A seaside town in France, up by the border of Spain, it was a slice of beauty, with French Mexican food & their version of margaritas... and lovely people. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket We whirled around the resort and spent our euros with no regrets. Our hotel, Tonic, was seated next door to a pub with a boat theme, delicious pizza & the boys were all in love with the saucy French waitresses.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Walked the beach at night and i slept with my window open, hearing the surf hit the shore over & over. put me into a deep deep sleep.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The next day we found little treasures in vintage shops, but oh so expensive...i mostly window shopped & day-dreamed. Resting up for the next bout of shows... Spain, I was so sorry not to have more time in your borders. Next time.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
after that we went on to do another co-headliner with NIN in Italy, we even shared the production office with them, it was a cozy little family. The Trail of the Dead guys were there too, **shouting out to Leroy! The convergence of the crews was such a blast...

today we have a show day in Zagreb, Croatia....former Yugoslavia. Our production office looks like a true war room, we have a conference table that is a big wooden circle & we are on the phones constantly today, sorting out every little detail that can go wrong on this final four in a row of shows...I will download photos that I took next post, Zagreb, a truly amazing city, with millions of beautiful people and skies of electric blue. This morning though, show day, i woke to pouring rain in the hotel...Tomorrow Serbia, and we lose our tour buses. Charter plane to Athens and then Istanbul and then a ka-billion hour flight home...home sweet home...

6 comments:

Yoga Gal said...

Love window shopping with you! I enjoy being a virtual tourist, especially since I'm back in the big house, the hospital which makes me feel like I'm incarcerated, like a princess lock in a tower. My doctor thinks I may have stomache cancer but think he's over reacting. Still, I here with only white walls to look at so I really enjoy looking at your blog photos of your adventures. Too bad you didn't get a photo of the saucy French waitress. Have a fun trip and a safe trip home. Lots of love!

Dan Guy said...

Dah-link, your travels sound so fabulous. I'm glad to see that you're having such a time.

Kitty Cat said...

please be well YG, and take it easy!
i guess the waitresses were not what was interesting to me...!
Danth, i hope you are well, and will be home soon....
oxoxox

spacedlaw said...

Pouring rain IN the hotel ?
I hope it wasn't that bad...

Yoga Gal said...

Thanks Miss Kitty Cat for the kind words! I got good news from my doctor that I don't have stomache cancer but a bleeding ulcer the size of a Hummer! Pass the word your your Literary Boss, I told him that I had put in my Will that when i die the C.B.L.D.F. will get a BIG chunk of cash! But it appears Heaven can wait. I pray you have a safe jounrey home beautiful woman! By the way, who is watching Batman while you're gone? Hugs for a still ill and thin (I can't eat whole food for three more days!) Yoga Gal

Yoga Gal said...

Miss Cat: Welcome home, the oddest thing happens when I try to e-mail you , I get a message saying BlackBerry didn't pick up something like that. Well, hope you're getting some rest after being on the road so long. Still in the hospital and going bananas!